Friday 4 January 2019

New year but no new me

New Year's Eve 2018

The Australian heat oozes outside and my cellphone lets me know it's 42°C in the sun. Even if the winds are going strong it doesn't really feel like nice cold kisses when touching the skin. Most people are hiding in shadows where the temperature is a bit lower and others visit a mall where the air condition is running strong. Some people, I'm sure, are doing exactly what I'm doing which is hiding at home with my own AC.

It's a new year and here in Australia we are even 10 hours ahead of Sweden. I'm enjoying myself with a glass of cold Chardonnay ... well, it is Friday and that's always worth celebrating. It tickles nicely under the skin.

A new year does not mean a new me, that is something I have learned during my (soon to be) 29 years on this planet. A new year for me means that I (hopefully) get a new chance to work on myself and what I care about. I am not aiming for perfection or to be the best. I just want to be my best for me, whatever that is. I aim to not hurt myself or anyone around me. I aim to be kind and to learn from my wrongs. I welcome mistakes and I accept that I might not always choose what's right. That's okay ... because: I am human and I am a world citizen.

With that said ... I do have some goals this year. I tried to give myself goals last year as well but I did not reach them all during 2018. So here are this year's hopes and goals:

→ Write more.
→ Draw more.
→ Read more.
→ Exercise more.
→ Dare I say ... cook more?
→ Love more.
→ Stress less.
→ Breath more.
→ Do not be scared to grow.

I want to enjoy this year even though we have a lot to plan, to do and to think about. It will always be something, right? So why stress about it, why not just enjoy the ride? Well ... I'll try!

Happy New Year!

First picture of the year with just me and Sam 2019

First dinner of the year  – Quesedilla 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment